If you are already receiving Chapter 35 DEA assistance at another school and are transferring to UT please update the online claim system through the VONAPP link on the VA website. This form allows you to change your school or change your major. Submit this form online and print out a copy to turn into our office with your enrollment paperwork. Please visit our forms page to complete your paperwork with our office.
If you are already receiving education benefits under any other chapter and are transferring to UT please use the VONAPP link on the VA website to update your existing claim. Please submit your form online and print out a copy to bring into our office with your enrollment paperwork. Please click the forms link to complete your paperwork with our office.
- Undergraduate Admissions: admissions.utk.edu/
- Graduate Admissions: graduateadmissions.utk.edu/
- College of Law: law.utk.edu/about-ut-law/administration/admissions-financial-aid/
- UT Space Institute (Tullahoma): www.utsi.edu/futurestudents/app-proc.htm
Our office works with the US Department of Veterans Affairs to apply and process education benefits under the following chapters:
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Transfer of Entitlement
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 1606 Selected Reserve GI Bill
- Chapter 1607 Reserve Education Assistance
- Chapter 35 Dependents Education Assistance
- Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 31 VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship)
- National Testing Program
Advancing your education often requires you to take costly national tests. You may be eligible for reimbursement from VA. Please click the link above to find out which tests are approved for reimbursement.
- Non-College Degree Programs
The GI Bill will pay for Non-College Degree Programs. Please click on the link above for more information. A variety of Non-College Degree Programs are available through UT, at our conference center located in downtown Knoxville. Visit our office of professional development’s website and view offered programs. Not all programs are covered by the GI Bill please check with the program coordinator or the Office of Veterans Affairs for more information.
To apply for education benefits through the department of US Veterans Affairs please visit their website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ or call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).
You may apply for benefits through the online VONAPP link on the VA website.